Friday, January 28, 2011

How about Twitter

In the IT566 class, we turn in assignments, or complete challenges through linking to our work in twitter. Hash tags, which from what I can tell, send information to the record keeping places. Really ingenious concept but it is somewhat tedious.  I can only imagine what it is like from the administrative side.  Pretty neat all in all.

We are supposed to be able to keep track of our points through a link. It works but I am having problems keeping up with assignments.

A page has been set up by our instructor to list the challenges @ http://learn.occ.utk.edu/aggregator/sources/80

This has made it easier but the very first challenge we received is missing. It is here http://learn.occ.utk.edu/it566game/challenge1   It differs from the Challenge one given later Called so you want to be a system admin here.  The content is similar but the required tags were different

 It is hard to tell exactly what needs to be in the tweet in order to get a score because the required tags seem to be inconsistent. Some instructions have said to put @it566 and some say to put #it566, I am pretty sure it should be @it566 because this one has occurred more. Some have been #graderpoints, #giterdone  points ect.

This is a very innovative method of delivering and taking a class and it is sure to have bugs but it provides potential for the growth of a true learning community that is astounding.

I believe that I am getting the hang of it. I am sure that the instructor is tweaking his system and things will smooth out.

At this point it seems that these are the standards.

Actually I may still be a little confused.
The first assignment, Challenge One - Get in the game,   laid out a point system that I am not sure is still in effect.  If anyone has any insight on this, I would love this post to have some discussion about it.
 Comments Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment